- 8 oz. strawberries, hulled, halved lengthwise
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp. sugar, divided
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ cups These are the Days pancake and baking mix
- ½ cup cornmeal
- 3 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- ½ cup buttermilk
- Finely grated zest of 2 lemons
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup strawberry jam (preferably Bonne Maman)
Preheat oven to 350°. Gently toss strawberries, 1 Tbsp. sugar, and a pinch of salt in a medium bowl. Let sit, stirring occasionally, until ready to use.
Whisk pancake/baking mix with cornmeal and 1 cup sugar in a medium bowl.
Whisk eggs, egg yolks, buttermilk, lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla in a large bowl until well combined. Add dry ingredients to buttermilk mixture and whisk gently to combine. Using a spatula, gradually fold in ¾ cup oil until batter is smooth and homogenous with all of the oil incorporated.
Scrape batter into prepared pan and spread evenly. Using a small spoon, dollop jam onto surface. Using a butter knife or small offset spatula, gently swirl jam into batter. Arrange reserved strawberries on top of batter in even rows.
Bake cake until risen and deeply bronzed with no damp spots in the middle and a tester inserted into the center comes out clean, 30–45 minutes. Test at 30 minutes and see from there.