MAKES APPROX. 24 COOKIES
- 2 sticks butter, softened to room temp
- 1 full bag of baking mix
- 1 ½ cups packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips, Guittard if you can get it
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate wafers, Guittard if you can get it
Combine the butter and sugars in the bowl of a stand mixer and mix on high with the paddle attachment for 3 minutes.
Turn the speed down to medium-low. Add the egg and vanilla and continue to mix, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a spatula as needed.
Turn the speed down to low. Slowly add the baking mix until well combined but don't over-mix. Mix the chocolate chips in by hand.
Using an ice-cream scooper, shape the dough into balls a bit bigger than a golf ball.
Freeze the ball for at least 30 minutes or until ready to bake.
Preheat the oven to 350. Place the cookies on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes, rotate the tray and bake for another 5-7 minutes. They should look a light toasty brown but still slightly soft in the middle.
Sprinkle with flaky sea salt and let cool a bit before enjoying!